When you need a Specialized Solution
Want to build an e-learning course specific to your needs? We can create custom e-learning courses that match your requirements.
We provide design and development services to create e-learning courses that are 100 percent yours. No matter what the form, volume, or type of content, we'll work with you to understand your needs, analyze the inputs, and propose custom learning solutions that work for you. Once the best–fit solution is agreed, we'll design the learning activities including instructional, visual, and framework design.
Custom-built online courses include
- Instructional design to make the courses of maximum value to your learners
- Storyboards to get the messages across clearly
- Graphic design to make best use to interactivity, images and text
- Project management to make everything work together, on-time and on-budget
- An authoring platform if you want to make changes to your course after it is published
- Hosting and delivery of the content so you don't have to invest in extra IT services or hardware
- Quizzes and assessments to make sure the messages got through
- Integration to your LMS or other platforms that you already have
Benefits of custom e-learning content from Vast Talent
- Build once, use many times
- No annual license fees = lower ongoing cost
- Created just for you so you have 100% control of the content
- As fancy (or not) as you'd like
Custom e-learning courses work great for:
- Company-specific training that is only relevant to you
- Induction programs (i.e. include a custom course as part of new employee training)
- Industry-specific courses
- Niche training that's hard to find elsewhere
- Sensitive material where you have a competitive edge
Drawbacks of custom e-learning courses
- Takes time to scope and develop (10 - 12 weeks on average)
- Higher up-front cost than other e-learning licenses (cost isn't spread out). The cost for a one-hour custom course is usually between US$20,000 and $30,000 depending on graphics and interactivity.
- Course can "age" quickly if not kept up-to-date, so you need someone to look over and refresh the course
When not to use custom e-learning courses
- Fast-moving topic area (finance training, latest business best practices)
- Lots of existing courses already on the market (e.g. Microsoft office, management training)
- Subject area isn't core to the business (takes too much time and resource to maintain)
Want to know more?
Have a custom content project or want to learn more about how we can help? Contact us for more information.